Saturday 8 May 2010

London Aquarium - my best bits

After Easter I spent two weeks at London Aquarium on placement, completing some research for my university course. I had a wonderful time there, and everyone made me feel really welcome and I got a lot out of the experience. I initially visited the aquarium a few years ago, and it has changed a lot since then, and for the better! They have given the whole aquarium a refit and it has made the world of a difference to the place. It is a brilliant place to visit - if you like fish of course... I am not a good photographer by any means, and my camera is average, but over the two weeks that I was at the aquarium I was able to take some photos in my spare time. I thought I would share those photos with you all...

The aquarium at County Hall right next to the London Eye

A friendly little fella from the rock pool

some more little critters from the rock pool, starfish and beadlet anemones

One of my favourite fish in the aquarium, Ed, the giraffe-nose catfish. I was lucky enough to give him a stroke, he was very friendly.

Mister Seahorse

Georgina, the biggest fish in the aquarium. She was a whopping 3ms and the big boss lady of the Pacific tank!

What I love about horseshoe crabs is that they are so very odd looking, like little prehistoric alien-like creatures, they love scuttling around attached to each other.

The female African Dwarf Crocodile - very cute

one of the lion fish in the tropical tank section


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Fab photos Missy!

Abbie said...

Why thank you Style PA, thou art too kind!