Tuesday 20 July 2010

Quirky and Cute Bicycles in the old town

There is a lovely little bicycle shop opened up in Hastings Old Town on the Highstreet called Bell's Bicycles: An Adventure By The Sea. I always like to have a little peek in the window on my way home from work and lust after the pretty, vintage bicycles. They are so lovely it almost inspires me to be more athletic... and that is saying something! Hastings is a great place to ride a bicycle (now that I'm living in the old town and not up horrifically huge hills) because there is a bicycle route right on my doorstep that runs all along the promenade with beautiful views of the sea.




Bells Bicycles pride themselves on their love for antique and vintage bicycles from bygone eras and share them with us lucky lot. Here's what they have to say..."We love bicycles. The super fast fixed wheel track bikes of the 40's, the ultra elegant Dutch loop frame of the 20's and the simple town bikes made in the 70' and 80's. These are the machines that have inspired us, for their style, their engineering, their sheer panache. At Bell's we search the UK and abroad for bicycles, most have been pre-own and loved, whilst others are rescued by us and restored."


I love this Apollo bicycle complete with Wicker basket. Sadly this bike is already sold but it is too cute to not share it with you all.

As incredibly girlie as this bike is, I love this pink, Pashley Poppy bicycle! I love the loop frame and a wicker basket is an optional added extra!

1 comment:

Sarah Nash said...

I just HAVE to have that Pink Pashley bike! ive ridden one before and theyre gorgeous! perfect for my morning commute, i wouldnt wanna get it dirty tho!!! FAB FAB post missy and just luving the blog!

S_S