Tuesday 10 August 2010

Microbes and Germs and Viruses, Oh My!

A few nights ago I switched on my laptop only to be bombarded with pop-ups and fake anti-virus software trying to take my money. I couldn't do a single thing on my laptop, other than close the horrible little pop-ups as they appeared every few seconds. The nasty viruses had completely blocked all of my existing anti-virus software and I was scared that I was going to lose everything on my harddrive. I don't remember doing anything out of the ordinary before my laptop got infected, I didn't click on any dodgy links or open any suspicious emails, so god knows where this horrible virus originated. It upsets me that there are people out there that spread these things around causing stress and irritation to others for their own gain. Luckily my dear old dad managed to get rid of the virus without me having to lose any of my photos, documents and music. But enough of all that... here are some cuter little microbes, germs, amoebas and viruses for you all to enjoy!

I love these cute little plushie microbes, featuring the sweet Psuedomonas, cute Chlamydia and adorable Anthrax and E-coli! Available from Scientific Culture's Etsy shop for $7 (£4.55)

Love these little felt amoeba and paramecium fridge magnets. Available from What No Mints Etsy shop for $12 (£7.79).

Cholera microscope slide necklace. I love this little necklace made from an upcycled scrabble tile and cholera microscope image from a vintage French medical book. Available from SpiffyCool's Etsy shop for $5.95 (£3.86)

Senor Salmanella fleece plushie. Available from Sublime Dzign's Etsy shop for $10 (£6.49).

Viruses embroidery patterns, part of the Science in Stitches series. Featuring such delights as HIV and Ebola! nice... available from The Floss Box's Etsy shop for $3.60 (£2.34)

No comments: