Saturday 18 February 2012

Engagement... and Other Exciting Stuff!

Well exciting news! As of valentines Day I am officially engaged! The other half proposed whilst on holiday in Athens on V-day... how romantic! So there are lots of exciting things to look forward to in the future... like a polka-dotty wedding for starters! It will definitely be a couple of years yet, as I need to save some pennies first, but that just gives me more time to ponder and plan. My younger sister, so she tells me, has already got half the wedding planned: polka dot wedding dress, and dress code, cupcake wedding cake topped with a Lego version of me and the groom, and instead of sugared almonds in the guests' favours... Lego!

There are also some more exciting things coming up this year...

Going to Ghana!
I am officially off to visit a school in Ghana for a week with my school. As lots of you know I went on a charity trip to The Gambia last summer (read about my charity work, explorations and adventures)and I am really excited about going back to Africa and seeing another part of the continent. Especially as I will be helping out in the link school we have there.

Attending the ATL conference
In Easter I will be attending the annual ATL conference in Manchester. It'll be a fantastic experience, not to mention a lovely chance to catch up with old friends and people I met last year!

Holiday and Italian Wedding!
In the summer I will be heading off with the family back to Italy to attend a friend's wedding and to have another exploration in Rome... exciting!

What exciting things are you looking forward to?


3 comments:

daisychain said...

CONGRATULATIONS! x

Sophia said...

Congratulations Abbie, you must be absolutely THRILLED!

xo

Alice said...

Congratulations, this is such wonderful news! xxx